VMware Horizon Community
Don40
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

USB redirection - Not Working

While installing the VDM agent on one of my VM's in order to get USB redirection to work.

It loads the agent and then can't find the driver for the VDM USB HUB. ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The devices should be automatically installed if you selected the USB component (on by default), but if for some reason the files are not being found, you can also find the files needed at c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VDM\agent\bin\wssm_plugins.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you install the Agent without issues in the VM? Try to reinstall it. You have to use the VDM Agent in Windows XP or Vista. Be sure that you use the VDM Client on Windows Vista or XP. Windows 2000 will not be supported.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The devices should be automatically installed if you selected the USB component (on by default), but if for some reason the files are not being found, you can also find the files needed at c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VDM\agent\bin\wssm_plugins.

0 Kudos
srinivasaddagat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I agree i did a stupid thing that i manually uninstalled USB drivers from Device Manager on my Gues VM since then USB redirection is broken for me. Is there a way i can get it back ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

As Christoph said, it's probably easiest to uninstall and reinstall the agent, the devices should come back again then.

0 Kudos
srinivasaddagat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I could finally get USB redirection option enabled with drivers being listed in Device manager both at Client and Guest END. Now when i launch the client using Admin privileges at both ends, could get list of USB devices attached to my client PC but when i click on any of the devices, it just says can not use as its being used by another device which isn't actually the case. I just connected the USB headset which isn't in use anywhere but still get this message, is this something common or only i am getting ?

0 Kudos
srinivasaddagat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

My issue is completely discussed and fixed in thread http://communities.vmware.com/message/1000634

Thanks

0 Kudos