VMware Horizon Community
VArjan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

USB printer works but settings are lost after logoff

I have a Dymo USB printer connected to a Wyse ZeroClient.

When I logon to View I have the Dymo driver and Dymo label software present in a AppVolume.

I can add the USB printer manually in the session and I can print a test page.

But when I logoff the printer is not present in the next session and need to be reïnstalled.

View is running Windows 7, so the new PowerShell command won't work to add the printer via a script.

I also had a look at UEM, but I don't see an option to add a USB printer (Only network printers)

Does anyone have a solution to make sure the printer will be present in the next session?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Try Persona Management.

It will back up the whole profiles and restore back when user login to the desktop.

0 Kudos
VArjan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have Persona Management working.

I am a bit supprised this is not working. It does not save the settings for the printer.

Any idea how to get this working?

0 Kudos
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There may be an issue while replicating profile.

Can you attach persona log file after user logged off so I can quick scan on it?

Another question: How do you enable USB printer on the desktop? Do  you use ThinPrint?

if you use ThinPrint, then there is similar known issue and please raise support ticket if you need the fix.

0 Kudos
erickbm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using writable volumes with app volumes? That might fix it.

Erick Marshall vExpert 15/16, VCAP-DTA, VCPx3, MCSE, MCITPx2, MCSAx2, MCTSx3, MCPx2, A+, Network+, UCP
0 Kudos