VMware Horizon Community
mbrkic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

USB over IP and PDA's

Is anyone using a USB over IP solution (a la AnywereUSB) with PDAs, to access them within the Virtual Desktops? If so are there any limitations to the functionality, as well as device support?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
epping
Expert
Expert

i have tried usbanyware, it works but expensive and only one user can connect at a time.

0 Kudos
davlloyd
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There are a few options availble including Lantronix UBox fpr a hardware based solution, USB-IT for a software based solution (this is also integrated into the Provision VAS Broker software but is bound to XP/XPe or look at Wyse for there upcoming solution to be included with V10 class thin client.

0 Kudos
mbrkic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am looking specifically for people with actual day to day experience of using Blackberies with VMs on VI3, and what solution they are using.

We have tried several of the connection brokers that elude to USB support and have had partial or no success with most of them.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Could you share why your users need to sync locally and do not sync over the air? I am just curios?

0 Kudos
GeeDub
Contributor
Contributor

We are in a similar position - we have a number of older PDA's that can't sync over the air.

I believe (via the blurb) that the new Wyse V10L supports Active Sync - but I'm not sure if that is native to the thin client or in the actual VDesktop via the thin client?

http://www.wyse.com/products/software/os/Wyse_ThinOS.pdf

Hopefully will get a unit in shortly to test out...

g

0 Kudos
davlloyd
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are in a similar position - we have a number of

older PDA's that can't sync over the air.

I believe (via the blurb) that the new Wyse V10L

supports Active Sync - but I'm not sure if that is

native to the thin client or in the actual VDesktop

via the thin client?

Wyse are to release a USB relay function to compliment the V10. This will allow USB devices connected to the thin client to be presented to the remote guest as a locally connected device. This is in the early beta stages and is not expected for full release for a couple of months.

0 Kudos