VMware Horizon Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

USB Signature Pad on View

Has anyone got a signature pad to work in View?  We have a remote user that is using a View desktop and we need her to be able to sign docs so wegot her a signature pad.  Can get it to work find on the physical desktop but can't on the view desktop.  Anyone have any thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

is it a usb device? vmware view client has the ability to redirect a usb connected to the host PC to a virtual machine. is the remote user using vmware view client or some other brand's thin client?

prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is a USB device that works fine on the local workstation that i use to connect to view desktop.  The view deskop does not appear to see teh device. Everything appears to work fine, Adobe can see teh device, however the signature won't pass through to the view desktop. Everthing seems to work except when you actually sign the pad.  That's what is puzzling to me.  I have view 4.6 using teh 4.6 view client.

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Had to call vmwaer support and found out the manula way to add HID devices for redirection.  i believe its KB-1011600.

0 Kudos