VMware Horizon Community
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

USB Scanner requires local admin account to operate

I just deployed an USB HP scanner to a user.  It was working just fine for me, but I am an administrator on the Windows 7 VM.  When the user logged into the VM we plugged in the scanner and it was detected.  She opened Adobe Acrobat Pro and was going to do a test scan and Adobe did not recognize any scanning devices attached.  I assigned myself to the VM and logged in through the thin client and it worked fine for me.  Right now the user is an administrator on her VM just so that the scanner works. I really need to take this access away and figure out how to make the scanner work with her being a standard user.

Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sakibpavel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First share your USB printer and make as default printer.
Then connect the printer from other machine like..
Start->Run-> \\192.168.0.xx
you will get the sharing printer  press right click on it and connect the printer.
Sakibpavel
0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The scanner is not being shared.  They have it plugged straight into their thin client.  For some reason being a standard user on the VM prevents them from using the scanner.  I need to know if there is a way to allow this user to use the scanner without continuing to be an administrator.  

0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does any one have any ideas?  I had to make the user an administrator just so that the Adobe Acrobat thinapp would recognize the scanner.  

0 Kudos