VMware Horizon Community
drbissonnette
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

USB Redirect driver...

I have searched the world over and can not find the "USB redirect driver" I have users in virtual desktops needing printers and hand scanners and cannot find the usb redirct driver to install on both sides. I know this is simple but driving me crazy...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The stand alone client is downloadable from the website. If you are on a trial or own you should see a download from the VMware View Client in your software list.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What product and version are you using, so that we can move this thread to the appropriate forum?

0 Kudos
drbissonnette
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry latest version VDI.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thread moved to VMware View forum.

0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You should add a link to get to the moved forum...

Thank you,

Express

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm not sure what you are looking for. The USB redirect installs as part of the VMware View Agent installation onto the virtual machine. As far as I know this also installs onto the client machine as well. I had read somewhere at one point that the USB redirect was NOT supported if you installed the VMware View Client from the broker but if you run the Client install program it will allow you to redirect USB devices. This is applicable for Windows based access points. If you are running a thin client of some kind please let us know which one as that would be helpful.

0 Kudos
drbissonnette
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes I did the install from the web page. Where does VMware hide the exe I can install?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The stand alone client is downloadable from the website. If you are on a trial or own you should see a download from the VMware View Client in your software list.

0 Kudos
drbissonnette
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, we own and I will go get it right now.

0 Kudos