VMware Horizon Community
viper20
Contributor
Contributor

USB Receipt Printer mappings

Hello

I have deployed horizon view and we are using Samsung zero clients. I have bank tellers that use USB validation printers that are installed with a generic/text only driver. The devices work fine but when a user signs on to a different terminal the printer stops functioning. I have found that manually going into the printer properties and changing the USB port from 0001 to 0002 solves the problem, but then when they log in to the original terminal the printer stops working again and the ports need to be switched back. I need to find a way to static assign these printers so they always utilize the same usb port number to eliminate this issue. Does anyone know how i can accomplish this? I am thinking it will probably need to be some type of script which to be honest i am not at all familiar with so if that is the route if someone can assist that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

before you go to script,

check with printer vendor for new driver or new firmware

also check if there is firmware update for the zero\thin client you are using

0 Kudos
viper20
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The recommended driver by the manufacturer is just to use the windows generic/text only driver. I did update the firmware on the zero client to the latest and that did not change anything.

Thanks!

0 Kudos