VMware Horizon Community
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

USB Microphone Headset

Hello all,

i have a problem with my headset. I am not able to use the microphone in my session. I am using an linux laptop. The Headset is working fine on the laptop. No issues.

We are using Horizon 2006. I also have the 2006 Client on my laptop running manjaro linux.

On the Server side i am using a windows 10 latest patch H2. I am able to hear the sound on the headset, so that is working. but not the microphone

I try to set some GPO settings to use realtime audio and also enable all GPO to use microphone and headset. 

The device manager in windows is showing me a "microphonearray" as audio out and in. Also a VMware Virtual Audio (devTap)) als speaker. 

Driver seems to be ok.

Any ideas what i can check next? The Headset is a Mairdi. 

Thanks 

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not sure if you're using RTAV or USB redirection. Microphone should go through RTAV feature rather than USB-R. To confirm this what's the device on your Agent VM for the redirected microphone? Have you seen "VMware Virtual Microphone" for VDI or "Remote Audio Device" for RDSH? Also you could try Horizon Windows client to see if the same microphone headset works there.

0 Kudos
vmmaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried teradici audio drivers?

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

The device manager show me "VMware Virtual Microphone" 

Also the config for microphone shows the same.

JimKnopf99_0-1608546043916.png

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos