VMware Horizon Community
bvi1006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UNKNOWN_FAULT_FATAL - Either the resource pool: resgroup-8 is empty or all its hosts are marked for maintenance.

Hi,

I put the host in maintenance mode without setting the InstantClone.Maintenance annotation value. I also manually deleted the 2 instant clones I had.

Since then I have brought up the host and put it back into maintenance mode according to these instructions. However I am still getting the above error. Nothing will provision.

1. Select the host that you want to put in maintenance mode. If you are using the vSphere web client, make sure that the plug-in to edit Annotations is installed.
  2. Look up Annotations in the host's Summary tab and set InstantClone.Maintenance to 1.
  3. Wait up to 3 minutes and the parent VMs on this host will be deleted. Also, the value for InstantClone.Maintenance will change to 2.
  4. Put the host in maintenance mode. This host will no longer be used for provisioning.
  5. Perform maintenance.
  6. Take the host out of maintenance mode.
  7. Clear the InstantClone.Maintenance annotation value.
  8. As new provisioning happens, parent VMs and then instant clones will be created on this host.

Please help, I'm stuck Smiley Sad

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
gertvangorp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

had the same issue.

delete on all the hosts the InstantClone.Maintenance annotations variable, not only resetting the value to nothing.\

gert

0 Kudos