I put the host in maintenance mode without setting the InstantClone.Maintenance annotation value. I also manually deleted the 2 instant clones I had.
Since then I have brought up the host and put it back into maintenance mode according to these instructions. However I am still getting the above error. Nothing will provision.
- Select the host that you want to put in maintenance mode. If you are using the vSphere web client, make sure that the plug-in to edit Annotations is installed.
- Look up Annotations in the host's Summary tab and set InstantClone.Maintenance to 1.
- Wait up to 3 minutes and the parent VMs on this host will be deleted. Also, the value for InstantClone.Maintenance will change to 2.
- Put the host in maintenance mode. This host will no longer be used for provisioning.
- Perform maintenance.
- Take the host out of maintenance mode.
- Clear the InstantClone.Maintenance annotation value.
- As new provisioning happens, parent VMs and then instant clones will be created on this host.
Please help, I'm stuck