VMware Horizon Community
smith_ll
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UEM - .vbs script execution on logon

Hi all!

Starting to move my policies from GPO to UEM, and I'm having an issue with a vbs script I've previously had running from a redirected Start Menu (Start Menu\Programs\Startup\script.vbs)

I've set my folder redirection in UEM to redirect to this same location and that is working fine. Does UEM see the Startup folder in the redirected directory and execute the contents of it or must I specifically also set the scripts within it to execute as logon tasks?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The execution of files in the Startup folder is performed by Windows and not UEM. Is the .vbs script not executing?

For better control over the execution, I would move the .vbs somewhere else and have UEM run it as a logon task.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The execution of files in the Startup folder is performed by Windows and not UEM. Is the .vbs script not executing?

For better control over the execution, I would move the .vbs somewhere else and have UEM run it as a logon task.

0 Kudos
smith_ll
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi techguy129,

That's what I thought. I have my FTA imported via a vbs script in the same StartUp folder which executes just fine. I've also tried running it as a logon task which shows as being completed but the expected results of the script do not show.

Because of what the script does, and to minimize what the users see, it's a .vbs that calls on a .bat that then runs a .ps1. This all works a treat with gpo redirected start menu so there should be no issue moving it to UEM.

If I execute the same .vbs manually from a shortcut in the start menu it states the vbs doesn't exist so I originally suspected this to be the cause of the issue.

But as you've said that it treats the StartUp folder as you would normally expect Windows to, I know it's not a UEM issue so I'll chase the elsewhere.

Thanks for confirming fella! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos