VMware Horizon Community
ahmad090
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UEM console users

UEMdev

hi,

how can more than user access UEM console?

since i install uem server only the user installed the software is able to view the created settings in UEM console

plz help

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi ahmad090,

There is no "UEM server"... There's a file share with configuration files, and the UEM Management Console that manages configuration files in that share.

Anyone with permissions to the configuration share and access to the Management Console can use it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi ahmad090,

There is no "UEM server"... There's a file share with configuration files, and the UEM Management Console that manages configuration files in that share.

Anyone with permissions to the configuration share and access to the Management Console can use it.

0 Kudos
ahmad090
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi ,

thanks for your reply.

yeah i know but i installed the console on server to unify the management.

so any user with permission to config file once he sign in to uem server he have to load the config file location ? right ?

0 Kudos
johnmmalonecbt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The user will need the correct permissions on the file shares.  Once they have this they will be able to make changes.

techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes. We installed the console on a RDSH and published the app so our admins can use that to manage UEM. There is no limit on how many users open the console on the server.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi ahmad090,

so any user with permission to config file once he sign in to uem server he have to load the config file location ? right ?

Correct, at first launch, every user will have to point the Management Console to the configuration share, as that information is kept in HKCU.

pastedImage_4.png

But I guess you won't have tons of users managing your UEM config, so that should be doable 🙂