VMware Horizon Community
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UEM Published App shortcut

I am trying to create a shortcut on users desktops to a Horizon Published App.  I have installed the Horizon client in my VDI template.   I can get UEM to create the shortcut to the published app, but when I try to launch it, I get this error.

If i just open the Horizon client with my VDI session and login, I can run the app just fine, I am entitled to the application.

anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Don't see the error

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sorry, my screenshot didnt paste The error is You are not entitled to that desktop or application.  I know I am entitled because I can run it by just opening the client and selecting the published app. I opened a case with Vmware and was simply told this wasnt supported.  I know I had this working once before, but it was on and older Horizon Version and older Horizon client version. 

0 Kudos
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I also found that if i open a command prompt and use the vmware-vew.exe command line switches to connect to my published app.

but if I use that same command line set of switches and create a shortcut, either manually in windows, or with UEM, i get the same entitlement error.

0 Kudos