VMware Horizon Community
JavierBernal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UAGs and Connection Servers in different sites

Hi,

I would like to check with you if it would be possible to have UAGs and Connection Servers in different sites, that is having them to communicate over WAN.

Would it be a possible configuration? Is there any latency requirement for UAG and Connection Servers communication? Will it have a big impact of user experience performance?

Thanks,

Javier

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There are quite a number of variables in play there. How are the sites connected from a WAN point of view? Are you planning to have just one external URL and how do you want to detect and move traffic around?

Will you have UAG’s in both sites or just in the site with the DMZ and then Connection servers in both locations? Do you have a load balancer that you can use for the connection servers?

At this point, I would suggest drawing up a diagram of how you are imagining the solution to look.

I’m not aware that a solution like this would be unsupported but I would definitely plan to test heavily and yes expect some slowness depending on how your sites are connected.

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The recommended method when you're dealing with separate sites is to create UAG and Connection servers in each site and link them using CPA (Cloud Pod Architecture)

Do you have Load balancing appliances facing the internet at your sites? F5 or Netscaler?

You could create/setup the sites and link them with Global load balancing.

------------------
Joe Graziano
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
JavierBernal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your quick response.

There is DMZ only in one of the sites. It is more convenient for us to put HZ view in the site without DMZ due to resources limitations, but we will have to do some changes if this configuration is not supported/recommended or if we know for sure that the performance is going to be bad.

Do you think we can try to do that configuration with UAGs and connection servers in different sites? or you wouldn't even try it?

Thanks,

Javier

0 Kudos
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There are quite a number of variables in play there. How are the sites connected from a WAN point of view? Are you planning to have just one external URL and how do you want to detect and move traffic around?

Will you have UAG’s in both sites or just in the site with the DMZ and then Connection servers in both locations? Do you have a load balancer that you can use for the connection servers?

At this point, I would suggest drawing up a diagram of how you are imagining the solution to look.

I’m not aware that a solution like this would be unsupported but I would definitely plan to test heavily and yes expect some slowness depending on how your sites are connected.

------------------
Joe Graziano
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos