VMware Horizon Community
natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UAG prompts user password again after selecting Pool

Hi,

We have 2 UAG behind an F5, After a user successfully logins, they are prompted for their password again after choosing a Pool.  If i remove one of the UAG appliance, the user is not promoted a 2nd time for their password.  I there any additional setups I must perform on the UAG end or can this be a bad F5 configuration setup.

Thanks,

P

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Did you setup radius on the UAGs? Also look at this to review f5 recommendations for the UAG setup

https://www.f5.com/pdf/solution-center/load-balancing-vmware-unified-access-gateway-servers-deployme...

0 Kudos
natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We do not have a radius server setup yet; however, I did see that document earlier and sent it over to our networking team the other day.  I just wanted to cover all avenues since I have no networking experiences and want to make sure I did not misconfigure the UAG appliance.

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

When you setup the F5, did you use the iApp to create them?

Sounds like the session is not sticky and using something like Round Robin.

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'll second that, it sounds like they might not have used the iApp and missed configuring the session affinity. I would highly advise that they use the iApp and you should work with them to configure it as there are a number of questions they may not know.

0 Kudos
natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks all for you help, so far they don't use iApp, only iRules. will the latter suffice ?

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Make them switch to the iApp. The configuration is much easier and I've had nothing but problems when it isn't used.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I agree with BenFB. This won't be a UAG issue, it is a load balancer issue and is caused when the load balancer does not have persistence set up correctly and so routes subsequent client requests to the wrong UAG.

0 Kudos