VMware Horizon Community
cdickerson75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UAG, how many connection servers required?

Have always used Security Servers, doing a new deployment which is using UAG and have a question.  Forgetting about redundancy, how many connection servers do I need?  I thought one, thinking this one connection server could handle my internal connections and external connections.  But in the examples I am seeing, it says to disable the proxy settings on the connection server for the UAG to work correctly.  If I disable the proxy settings on the connection server then the clients will communicate directly with the virtual desktops and I have to worry about SSL certificates and what not.  I don't see this requirement mentioned in the official documentation to turn off the PCoIP and Blast proxy settings on the Connection server.  So, do I need to turn of the proxy support on my connection servers for UAG to work when traffic is coming from the Internet?  Do I setup 2 connection servers, one with proxy turned off and force UAG to use this one?  Thanks

-Craig

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The Horizon clients will need to point to the DNS name of your UAG (or the load balance DNS Name if you load balance the UAG) and the traffic will flow from the UAG to the desktop/published app. You do not need the proxy settings as it will break UAGs. I suggest at least two connection servers or more. This is for redundancy and load plus other things like the html access portal. I was recommended by VMware to just send both internal and external users through the same UAG's that I had load balanced.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The Horizon clients will need to point to the DNS name of your UAG (or the load balance DNS Name if you load balance the UAG) and the traffic will flow from the UAG to the desktop/published app. You do not need the proxy settings as it will break UAGs. I suggest at least two connection servers or more. This is for redundancy and load plus other things like the html access portal. I was recommended by VMware to just send both internal and external users through the same UAG's that I had load balanced.

0 Kudos
cdickerson75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks that worked.

0 Kudos