VMware Horizon Community
glassin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Typing in vdi only beeping

I have one user who was working fine yesterday have an issue today.  After entering password (typing fine on host) and logging in they can't do anything with the keyboard in the virtual environment.  Moving arrow keys from desktop icons doesn't move, right click and start a new text doc (mouse works) they try to type in that blank doc and we just get beeping and no characters out.  Tried the following:

logged in as different user - still issue

logged user into another machine - everything works fine.

thought it might have been a client update (horizon 4)  uninstalled and reinstalled older version - still an issue

AV is not blocking.

tried a different port

tried a different keyboard....still an issue.

any idea's on what is going on?  its only this pc (win 10) no matter the local user logged in or the profile of the view after logged in.

thoughts?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There could be a possiblitly an issue with permission on accessing remote registry.  Refer page 26 for Registry Access Requirements. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-User-Environment-Manager/9.1/user-environment-manager91-install-co...

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
glassin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Adding to this I have installed horizon 4.8 on 3 windows 10 computers and one typing doesn't work.  As soon as the environment loads i cannot type in my vdi.  I am not sure where to check going forward.

EDIT: I found the conflicting software, removed and all is fine.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you share what the conflicting software was for the benefit of others that may encounter this?

0 Kudos
agalliasistju
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check the client computer for antimalware software, WebRoot Security Anywhere.

This has given us similar behavior in 3 cases.  If the software is there, the quick way to test if this is the culprit is to disable the Identity Shield portion of the application.

WebRoot.png

0 Kudos
agalliasistju
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

And I also saw this reply from someone else:

"says, this all started when we tried to install the SafeNet OTP client on our machine. From previous work experience I know that SafeNet has controls in their token software that will lock down USB traffic to help mitigate the risk of keyloggers for their USB based tokens.

Removed the SafeNet client, and, eureka! She's back to typing again. Now I need to figure out how to get the 2 to play nice..."

0 Kudos