VMware Horizon Community
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor

Two Monitors but Different Sizes

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with Vmware View client can't span multipul monitors using RDP protocol that has different size monitors. If I have two monitors of the same size and resolution they span fine, however if I have one say 22" and one 19" and both at different resolutions the Vmware view client will not span to the 19"...

I have enabled the Don't check monitor alignment on spanning option in AD but it still wont extend... is this option not supported in the RDP protocol?

Any help most welcome....

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisKubiak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I dont have a source to quote on hand but that is a limitation of RDP spanning (IIRC). PCoIP should be able to handle 2 disparate monitors fine.

0 Kudos
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info I have tried using PCOIP and this has worked so far, but I have had a new user come to me and say they can't get the view client to use the second monitor.

They claim to of used both Multi Monitor and Full Screen options in the VMware view client but both will not extend to his second display.

I have read about the Video cache problem but last time I had this sort of problem I uninstalled VMware Agent and VMWare tools and re-installed them and this solved the problem?

However I thought that maybe I needed to make the video memory bigger on the Vsphere side of things but wont go above 117.19mb in size?

Anyone help with this or is this fixed in 4.5? as I am currently using VMware View 4.0 as a test bed.

Many Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor

any help pritty please Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
asherman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When using RDP as your display protocol in View, dual monitors will only work in spanned mode if both of their resolutions have the same Y-axis. For example, if you have a widescreen monitor running at 1280x768, and another monitor running at 1024x768, this will work.

I do not know about PCoIP, but I'm going down that road here in a few weeks for testing.

0 Kudos
eeg3
Commander
Commander

What happens when they select Multimonitor? Do you have the settings for the Pool to allow more than 1 monitor?

If it's a video RAM issue, you typically just see it treating the 2 monitors as 1 monitor and sitting in the middle of both.

blog.eeg3.net | Useful VMware-related Links

If you found this or any other post helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos