VMware Horizon Community
biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tunnel session not created

We have View 5, vCenter4 and Win7 VMs.

Today, user cannot conect on his desktop, error message: Tunnel session not created. Other users have no problem.

I tried to reinstall view agent, vmware tools, delete and add pool, ... but withuot success.

In View server events I see message Bad username or password, but this is not true.

Any idea?

Thanks

7 Replies
jkpk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"Require SSL for client connections and View Administrator check box" should be selected in Global Settings and the settings in View Connection Server instance got "Use Secure Tunnel connection to desktop" selected.

Even both are selected, restart the View Connection Server service once for the changes to take effect and try connecting using Tunnel Connections.

Pravin

srnhpp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If the Group Policy has a disclaimer and you are connecting through Tunnel session, you may get this error like Tunnel session not created.

I think it's GPO issue. 

biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks.

One correction in my question, vCenter is 5, not 4.

Boths options were already selected.

I finally restart server and now is ok. But I am worry becouse I didn't know how to solve the problem and had to interupt many client sessions.

I thinks this must be something about user Active Domain account. Other user can connect to this desktop (if I put that user in entitlament), only that user can't?

0 Kudos
biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. We didn't change any GP when problem has occured. Restarting view server solved the problem so probably GP is not the reason.

On which GP you suspect?

0 Kudos
jkpk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Changes in the "Require SSL for client connections and View Administrator check box" requires a View Connection Server service restart. May be a pending restart for your previous operation wasn't completed to use the Tunnel connections but was allowing for direct connections.

Pravin

0 Kudos
jrodrigo4
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, managed to solve this issue by restarting the service in wstunnel BROKER. In Windows Server, go service.msc and locate the "VMware View Security Gateway Component" service. Then just restart the service.

steelev3
Contributor
Contributor

restarting the VMware View Security Gateway Component service worked for us