VMware Horizon Community
derekthom
Contributor
Contributor

Tunnel Session Not Created error on HP thin clients following View 6.0 upgrade

Just upgraded a customers View environment to 6.0. No issues during the upgrade, however now all of the HP T5145 thin clients are getting a "Tunnel session not created" error when trying to connect. All other clients and Blast (web) access work just fine. Last time this was an issue, a firmware update from HP resolved the issue, but there is no newer firmware available.

Has anyone else run into this issue or know of a possible resolution?

Thanks,

Derek

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Did you get the client from HP or did you do a manual update?

Usually you need to wait until HP releases a new image with the updated client for this to be supported.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
derekthom
Contributor
Contributor

I went to the HP website (http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome?sp4ts.oid=3719240&ac.adm...) and got the newest available image, and it did not help. Not positive a firmware upgrade is what I need, I was kind of hoping there was another reason why its not working.

0 Kudos
Denham
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is kinda old, but for anyone else searching here is how I got view 6.1 mine to work on our t5545. 

Download the new vmware-view client from here

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/tcdebian/updates/3.3/service_packs/VMwareView516.xar

extract the .xar file into the .deb files

on the thin client open a xterm window, go to where the .deb files are and install them using these commands

fsunlock

dpkg -i ./*.deb

fslock

0 Kudos