VMware Horizon Community
za_mkh
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to download view 4 trial

Entitled to View 4 upgrade so in the meantime want to download the apps until VMWare gives us the View 4 Serial Numbers.

However, it asks to fill out form which is fine, but one dropdown is not populating on the website. This is the "job role" dropdown. So since I can't fill it in, I can't submit the request to get the download. I've tried both Firefox and IE ... same thing happens..

Can someone from VMWare please check your webserver / app and fix it..

Thanks

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

View 4 is not available for download yet.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
za_mkh
Contributor
Contributor

It is on their website as of today ....

http://www.vmware.com/products/view/overview.html

0 Kudos
za_mkh
Contributor
Contributor

A more accurate link ...

https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/?p=view4&lp=1

Just need the files...

0 Kudos
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As posted before until now it is not available for download.

If you have registered for try, you will recieve an mail, when download is available!

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos
za_mkh
Contributor
Contributor

Not meaning to be cruel, but in my original post, I stated that I am trying to register and I cannot since their app is messed up - the "job role" drop down in the registration form is not loading hence I can submit my request ... hence my post to them via this forum to fix it (if they even monitor it!) and according to their website it is available today ...

Thanks

VCP, CCNP, CCDP, MCSE

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I understand your frustration with the registration, its probably some small issues with the newly launched site.

What I wanted to say is that even if you could register there is no files to download yet. (its one of those marketing vs technical availibilty things...)

Be patient, we will make it available as soon as possible!

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If it helps at all, the same is happening for me with IE8 on both Vista and XP.

Guy Leech

VMware vExpert 2009

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have asked someone to take a look into this for you. I will update you when I find out more.

Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
SWCS833
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unless they have changed their schedule, the last information I got from VMWare was announcement on Nov 9th (today) and then GA on the 16th.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

The info I was given on Friday was that the GA would be on the 19th.

Dave

VMware Communities User Moderator

New book in town - vSphere Quick Start Guide -http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2009/08/12/new-book-in-town-vsphere-quick-start-guide/.

Do you have a system or PCI card working with VMDirectPath? Submit your specs to the Unofficial VMDirectPath HCL - http://www.vm-help.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21.

0 Kudos
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think we all are waiting and everybody thought, that he will get it today.

But I think that the release date will be on 16th, same as the new version off XEN-Desktop!

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos
JCData
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To actually answer your original problem on the site issues on signing up:

First off you can signup and its not browser related. The issue is that its a multiple drop down field so it requires you to fill in the field above it first before you can select a role. After you select a Department the Job Roles will auto populate based on what department your in and then become selectable. This is easily over looked because most of us see the first field and in some cases it list a value there so we think not to even further fill it out. Another option here is just sign into vmware.com with your registered credentials and when logged in go to the download trial link. It should auto recognize you and all you will have to do is click continue. You shouldn't be prompted for all the other info.(You must be already logged into vmware.com though.) When you do get on it just takes you to some video post and some pdf's you can download and check out.

Now to the actual root issue you will have is the fact that you want to download the trial. Join the club. Even after you fill out the form you will still not have access to download the software. You should still fill out the form as you will get sent to the email que that when available it will send you an email letting you know how to get the software and anything additional you may need. I'm not quite sure why they did not release the software on the same day as the announcement. However there is some great resources filtering in about view 4 so be sure to check those out while you wait for the software. They clear up alot of info on the new release and shows what features are new and what features are not available in release 1.

Some other useful info about view 4 licensing which I beleive is huge is the licensing now for view 4 is 100% conncurrent connection user. This includes your vSphere 4 Enterprise Plus license as part of your package with view now you get 1 simple license key that can be used on as many hosts as you have view licenses.

EX: Starter kit of View Premier 4 for 10 licenses Includes the ability to run 10 vSphere 4 Enterprise plus servers as long as the only thing running on the hosts is desktops, vCenter server, Management servers related to managing your view desktops. Yes I know this unrealistic to say 1 vm to 1 host but the imporatnt fact here is you can. You get the full vSphere infastructure worth 10's of thousands of dollars to fully support and run your VDM's. (consultant with a reseller for more information or contact me)

I will be glad to answer any questions you have just post a message on my profile.

I hope this answers your questions.

James Craft

0 Kudos
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Appreciate the response but the form doesn't work that way for me - everything is filled out except "Job Role" which is quite happily still showing "Loading data".

I'm going to assume for now that this form is premature and it will magically just work next week.

Guy Leech

VMware vExpert 2009

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
za_mkh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the comments guys, but like Guy Leech says, that dropdown is not populating hence us not being able to submit the request. And all other drop downs are filled in / selected. {Maybe they need to reboot the server Smiley Wink }

I have opened a SRN with VMware. Hope they can sort it out so other people don't get frustrated.

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi all,

I have checked into this and the previous poster is correct.

To fill out the form you MUST select a Department first. Once selected the Job Role will change to Select One and you can proceed. If the drop down isn't changing for you then try clearing your cache or using a different browser.

Regards,

Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
JCData
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is another way of dooing this using another screen to fix the role issue.

If you already have a account login to vmware.com or create one.

Then at the select destination page click Access and update your profile below hyperlink.

Then you will get another system that allows you to select department and Role.

Again here you must specify a department to populate the role field.

After you save your updated profile click on view download trial.

At the right it should all ready recognize you.

Just click continue.

It will fill out the department and role based on what you changed in your profile.

Try this and see if this helps.

James Craft

0 Kudos
leemike
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks James! This little trick worked for me!

Fill the field out in your profile and you'll be able to get past this part of the registration process.

0 Kudos