VMware Horizon Community
Toolbox123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Trying to add vcenter to horizon

Hi All,

I had to remove my vCenter from Horizon configuration.  Now when I try to add it back I get the following error:

Error saving vCenter entry.

From my google search I have come upon this fix:

If User Access Control is enabled, disable it from both the vCenter Server or View Connection server.

Where do I disable this in both vcenter and connection server? 

TIA

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm guessing you found this KB

VMware Knowledge Base

User Access control is a Windows setting so if your vCenter server is running on Windows look here for how to disable it depending on the version of your Windows Server. The same applies to the connection server.

https://support.gfi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012968753-How-to-disable-User-Account-Control-UAC-

Let us know if that does the trick. If not there are a couple of other suggestions in the KB for solutions to the error you're seeing.

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
Toolbox123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yup, that's the KB I am using.

Ah, that user access control, it's been a long time since I have had anything to do with that.  Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick.

Anything else in your bag of tricks?

Connection servers are running 7.6, vCenter is 6.7 U1.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hmm, all of the items in the KB were a no-go? Licensing, same account used to join the vCenter before. Did you do something to the vCenter server when you removed it?

Is it an appliance or Windows-based vCenter?

It seems odd that if it was once successfully added to Horizon that you couldn't do it again.

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
Toolbox123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No luck with any of the other points in the KB.  Using the same account (and different ones), same vcenter, same IPs.  The only thing different is the version.  Initially vcenter when I added it, it was 6.5.  That's the only difference.  Also Horizon may initially have been 7.2-7.3.

I was having a problem creating a a desktop pool and one blog mentioned removing the vcenter and adding it back.

It is an appliance.

vcenter and horizon are working fine on their own, just can't get them together.

0 Kudos
Toolbox123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

So I put a call in with VMWare support and funny enough they didn't even bother with that KB.

Their final solution is to re-install all connection servers.  Thankfully our environment isn't too large so will not impact too many people.

0 Kudos