VMware Horizon Community
EMMJunkie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

True SSO without Workspace ONE Access (ViDM)

Good afternoon,

I am looking to setup Horizon True SSO without Workspace ONE Access (ViDM). I have RADIUS configured on the UAG Appliances and would then like to mitigate the additional authentication prompt.

However when running through the configuration of True SSO and when running the VDMUTIL command to list the available authenticators, there are no authenticators, as the Connection Server has not been configured with a SAMl Authenticator, as there is no Workspace ONE Access (ViDM) in the environment.

What path/direction do I need to following to get True SSO working with ONLY UAG?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That wouldn't be True SSO, take a look at

Configure Horizon Settings

I haven't done it yet but it should work

pastedImage_1.png

I've been doing in on the connection server instead up till now but I just checked and the setting is there if you have radus enabled. under more in the horizon edge settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That wouldn't be True SSO, take a look at

Configure Horizon Settings

I haven't done it yet but it should work

pastedImage_1.png

I've been doing in on the connection server instead up till now but I just checked and the setting is there if you have radus enabled. under more in the horizon edge settings.

0 Kudos
EMMJunkie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sjesse​ thanks for that response. With this response, your implying that True SSO is not required or cannot be implemented, when Workspace ONE Access (ViDM) is out of the picture and there are only the UAG Appliances, which when configured with RADIUS authentication and Windows SSO, play the part of what would be True SSO?

I am just making sure I understand the response.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yeah , I'm pretty sure that you can't use true sso without Identity Manager/Workspace One. You don't need it though, if you just don't want users to get the radius prompt and an AD prompt that setting is all you need.

EMMJunkie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sjesse​ thanks, I will get this tested and respond accordingly.

0 Kudos