VMware Horizon Community
compupartes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Trouble with USB Finger Print Sensor

Hi every one,

I am trying with T410 Smart Zero and VMware View 5 but when I login to the VM sesion (windows 7) the biometric sensor does not work fine, the OS detects it is workin fine but when I try to use it through an application it does not work. The biometric sensor is a DigitalPersona Inc, 4500 Fingerprint Reader. When I logs in to the VM trought a PC it works fine and it means that the problem is not at the VM level, I think it could be at the VMware client level because the Smart Zero detects the device and redirects it to the VM.

Driver at windows for the reader is 4.0.0.143

VMware horizon view client is 2.2.0-1415252

Smart Zero OS Kernel version is 2.6.37-atlas

OS build ID is Z6A44019

I attached the PCOIP log.

We can se in the log file a line with the messaje "MGMT_VCHAN :Rejecting to open channel because no plugin has accepted the channel (VMWARE__2152@1)! " but I do not know if it is related to the finger print reader, can some one help me?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

hi there

could you repeat the problem and collect the agent side debug logs? http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101793...

it is possible that the issue is on the zero client side, but I dont think that error message you flag is the problem. What is the network latency between the client and the guest? is it a reliable LAN link?

sorry - at this stage dont have any further suggestions, need to see logs,

cheers

peterB

0 Kudos