VMware Horizon Community
benmcmilloniv
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble creating resource Farm in Horizon 7

I'm setting up a simple Horizon 7 published app environment as a Proof of Concept.  I'm following this guide:

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-7-applica...

I created my template, deployed my connection server and RDSH master server.  Installed the Connection Server and Agent applications.  I was able to log into the Horizon console using my domain account and was able to successfully add my vCenter server (using the same domain account).

When I go to create a Farm, I select "Instant Clone" on the first screen in the wizard, then on the vCenter Server screen, there are NO vCenter servers listed to select.

pastedImage_1.png

The dashboard shows vSphere components are all green.  The only error is for the Connection Server which is about the self-signed cert.

pastedImage_3.png

I've googled extensively, read every set up guide I can find and can't find anyone else that has run into this issue or any resolutions that work.  My environment is as follows:

Horizon 7.4.0 (trial license)

vCenter 5.5 U3 appliance

Windows Server 2012 R2 servers

0 Kudos
1 Reply
paulmike3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter 5.5 U3 appliance

You'll need to be on vSphere 6.0 Update 1 or higher. See: Get Started with VMware Instant Clone Technology in VMware Horizon 7 | VMware End-User Computing Blo...

0 Kudos