VMware Horizon Community
tbone111
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Trial Licenses for PoC

I'm wanting to do some testing with Horizon View to see if it is a fit for my environment.  I see from VMware's website I can get 60 day eval licenses.  Any caveats to these?  I'm going to be using a security server to test external connections and I will have internal connections as well.  I want to test in a lab with 40 desktops.  Persistent and non-persistent.  Maybe thinapp as well.  Any caveats in these trial licenses that would hold me back?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes, these are fully functional without restrictions. If you decide to buy its just to replace the license-key with a real one.

Oh, one thing you will not be able to download is the "Direct-connect agent", but that is only used in some special circumstances and should not be needed for a normal setup.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes, these are fully functional without restrictions. If you decide to buy its just to replace the license-key with a real one.

Oh, one thing you will not be able to download is the "Direct-connect agent", but that is only used in some special circumstances and should not be needed for a normal setup.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

And when they are about to expire, register with a new user and get additional 60 days licenses Smiley Happy or contact your VMware rep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
tbone111
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks all!  So it sounds like there are no restrictions.  I'm going to be testing on iPads and testing Unity Touch as well so that's good to hear.  Thanks for the suggestions!

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Don't forget to give points Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos