VMware Horizon Community
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Transfer server locked and unable to migrate

I would like to cold migrate my transfer server but when the vm is powered off the migrate option is disabled (greyed out) in the right click menu. The annotations on the vm summary tab say transfer server locked. I checked back through the tasks and events list and the lock was applied "Set virtual machine custom value".

Is there a safe way for me to migrate the vm and is the locked annotation just a coincidence

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The VM is locked by View while it is in active use. Put the transfer server into maintenance mode from the View admin UI and it will then become unlocked and you can move it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The VM is locked by View while it is in active use. Put the transfer server into maintenance mode from the View admin UI and it will then become unlocked and you can move it.

0 Kudos
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks mpryor, I was about to post the same thing. Seems strange that shutting down the server doesn't unlock it when if the vm is not running its vmdk files wouldn't be accessed or is it because you could have more than 1 transfer server?

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ideally if you shut down a transfer server it should already be in maintenance mode Smiley Happy

I see what you mean though, if the VM is powered off it's clearly not being used for transfers.

beckham007fifa
Jump to solution

buddy, there will be a message window stating " i moved it , I copied it etc, unless you select anything on the window you would nt be able to see the option. this is quite simple, sometimes the windows goes in the background of vsphere console and people cant see it, right click on the vm and select answer the question option you will be able to see it.

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
MichaelSteg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Another Question:

Is there a way to put transfer server in maintenance mode by command line? I just found the way through the Admin UI.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Not at this time, only through the UI.

0 Kudos