VMware Horizon Community
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Transfer Server - DMZ Based

If I want to offer users local mode desktops from outside the corp network do I need to place a transfer server in the DMZ or does it have to be kept within the corp network?

Could I combine duties with a security server or are the 2 best kept independent from a security standpoint if its possible to locate 1 in a DMZ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

The transfer server would reside in the corporate LAN with the traffic going through the security server.   I think you only need 80 and 443 open from security server to transfer server.

mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So the connection server is paired with a transfer and a security server and if users wants to check out a desktop (from outside) they connect in through the security server to the connection server which makes the disks/VM available to the tranfer server and communication is then handled between the transfer server through the security server back to the client.

Does that sound about right?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You dont "pair" a transfer-server, it only needs to be resolvable by the connection-server.

Everything is done over http/s, one warning though, transferrates will decrease significantly if you run it over the security-server/connection-server compared to if you do directconnect over the lan.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On that matter is it possible to stop users downloading over the security server even if they have premission to download from the transport server and instead complete the steps on 252 of the admin guide to transport the disk using physical media?

0 Kudos