VMware Horizon Community
jla
Contributor
Contributor

Touch screens and Horizon Client

Hi,

I didn't manage to find informations about (Pro and multi) touch screens and Horizon Client. I know it works with zero client/PCoIP. The only notes i've found are about usb from touch screens that should not be redirected to keep keyboard input. There are some community discussions, but it's not clear if they deal with tablet/smartphone or multitouch pro screens (like https://communities.vmware.com/message/2467281#2467281)

Do you have any experience with these Pro touch screens like ELO ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhaoYaFeng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,My touch is based on the CS+BS model.

My server is far away from touching the monitor, and when the touch signal occurs, the packet may be dropped due to weak signal. Therefore, I first turn the touch signal into a mouse signal sent to the remote host.

0 Kudos
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

You could try adding the line, if it is there yet.

touchscreen.vusb.present = "TRUE"

to the vmx configuration file.

On Workstation Pro 12.5.x on a Surface Pro 3 host, the touchscreen on a Windows 10 VM becomes an 8-point touch device (Windows 10 OS installs its own drivers) vs 10 point touch on the Surface Pro 3 host. On a OpenSUSE 42.3 VM, the touch appears as virtual tablet via virtual USB. I haven't tried installing any of the touch libraries/drivers on the OpenSUSE 42.3 VM.

Workstation VM vmx configuration share a lot of common configuration items and functionality with ESXi VMs; so the ELO Pro touch screen might just work with that additional entry.

0 Kudos