VMware Horizon Community
Gezmonder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Time restricted access

Hi all,

Can anyone think of a way of restricting access on a time basis either to desktop pools or using some sort of from condition? So for example Pool A is only available between the hours or 1800-2300 or Pool A (or all pools) are only available between the same hours remotely.

I can't see a way of doing it myself other than to tag them to one Connection Server and schedule stop and start the services which is pretty lame.

Cheers!

4 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I believe that when using UEM you could be able to do this. Not 100% sure though. There is a foum for it, you could try and posting there.

We are also looking at something like this but haven't been able to find a solution for it yet. I will be testing UEM in near future just haven't found time to do this.

0 Kudos
Gezmonder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I thought about this, I know UEM pretty well but I want to restrict access to the desktop pools themselves but UEM is more aimed at restricting items and resources 'within' the desktop, by which point they would already be onboard.

0 Kudos
paulmike3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
alienjoker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Have you considered using native Active Directory to control Logon Hours and apply the group policy to the OU within which the Pools Computer objects are created? You can even force disconnect the users if their connection is active and you want them to immediately disconnect outside of the hours for which the desktops should be accessible.

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos