VMware Horizon Community
GCIC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This desktop currently has no desktop sources available

Evaluating VMWare View Manager. When logging in via browser or client everything goes normally and shows VM's available. When I click on a pool, I get an error.

"The desktop has failed to open (poolname). This desktop currently has no desktop sources available. Please try connecting to this desktop again later, or contact your system administrator. "

The VM's are domain member and available easily via Virtual Center they just will not go to the client.

What am I missing here?

0 Kudos
56 Replies
Elthe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have another problem...When I try to connect to my VMs, I have the same problem as you all. To become to connect to the VMs, I'm obliged to connect one time directly with the VMWare Infrastructure Client. And then, until the next reboot, I can connect to the VM with the View Client.

I've reinstalled the VCAgent many times but I still have this problem. Can anyone help? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
altapowder
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is remote desktop enabled on your VM?

0 Kudos
Elthe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Remote desktop is enabled and the window firewall is down.

0 Kudos
CKloseFUM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

in a costumers environment i get the same error message.

Difference is that we have two VDM-Servers and i can't connect to the pool over the second server(first replica). When i connect to the same pool over the first server everything works fine.

0 Kudos
chacho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same problem as you all, but my enviroment is much more simple, I only (for now) use manual desktops, I need to deploy 10 VMs manualy to be able to [resent them in a thin client, I configured the first XP sp2 with VMTools and VMAgent ok, and still am having that error. By the way the VM is resolvable by FQDM though is not in the domian.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
nickgcdha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was having the issue too, with View 4.5 and one persistant pool/desktop.

It worked after a combination of rebooting the View manager server, the xp client, reinstalling the agent, turning of windows firewall and removing and adding the desktop in view manager. Not sure which one did it Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
gentos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After weeks of mucking around and restarting/recompose VM, reinstall agent, I've found what the problem actually is regarding "This desktop currently has no desktop sources available" issue.

We set up our pool as dedicated and all sources were assigned to user who have previsouly logged on.

I had to unassign user from the desktop itself.

If you are on view 4.5

go to inventory --> desktop --> click on the desktop(s) more command and unassign user.

hope this helps

Cheers

Gent Tan

0 Kudos
Mike_Deardurff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Assigning the user to the desktop worked perfectly for me. thanks!  I was then able to connect using a Samsung nc190 pcoip enabled monitor.  However, I have a question if anyone can help.  Once Im connected through view on the portal, is there a way to view the desktop of the same VM through vCenter, much like a VNC session so i can watch the movement and take control realtime??

really looking to have this feature as I dont want to use some RDP or remote viewer client in addition to the view.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
nosamkcaj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hello VMTN,

working w/ cust on installing View 5 eval (comparing vs. Xendesktop), and customer is getting this error msg "desktop currently has no desktop sources available", and this is what they have:

1 VMware Esxi5

1 VM 2008rs fully patch Inter version

1 Vmaster Windows 7 fully patch

1 Vm 2008 r2 fully patch running Vmware view

Remote computer is running Windows7 pro 64bit

based off this, can you please list some pointers/ triggers that would be causing this error note to come up?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You will get better responses if you create a new dicussion instead of just adding to an older one.    What is the status of the agent from the View Admin portal? 

0 Kudos
nosamkcaj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hello mittim12, just reposted on new thread with screen shot of admin portal (from customer).

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/344204

thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
granitzeka
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Try this: go to Remote Setting then Allow remote connection to this computer

0 Kudos
PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Did you enable HTML Access: from the pools settings?

www.ITSA.Cloud
0 Kudos
Simon14
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi 

we have this failure every morning, Resetting the VM resolves the issue , Why is that please

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This message just means the agent in the any available desktop is not responding, which could be many reasons. You need to review the agent logs in the vm if a reset fixes it to get an idea why its happening.

Simon19691
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

When you say view server , do you mean Horizon VM ? Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Your replying to a really old post, if your having issues, I suggest adding a new post with versions of everything your using. If your not the person managing the environment, I suggest contacting them, as there may be something we wouldn't be able to see.

0 Kudos