VMware Horizon Community
AdrianMora
Contributor
Contributor

This agent is already registered at 'connection server'.

I am currently running windows 8.1 and had successfully installed VMware View agent 5.2.0-987719 x64. I was able to see my computer under the VMware Horizon View Administrator, and successfully remoted to my PC. However, upon taking my computer off the domain, and rejoining it, the connection broke. I removed the PC from the View Administrator. Upon reinstalling the agent, I get the following “This agent is already registered at xxxxxxx. Do you want to continue this installation and update registration information?

I have done that several times and the problem is my computer is no longer listed under inventory. I have also tried to rename my computer and that did not help.  Is there a way I can manually remove entries from a database?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianMora
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a picture attachment if it help.

Agent.jpg

0 Kudos
mlewis70
Contributor
Contributor

I'm pretty sure you can go to the Desktops under Inventory and remove the desktop.  Choose "Remove VMs from View Manager Only".  Then add it back.  If the desktop happens to be in a pool and this is the only desktop in that pool, try deleting the pool and recreating it.  You'll be asked the above question about removing vm from View Manager Only or delete from disk.  Choose remove vm from View Manager Only.  I'm basing this off my environment using View 5.0 Connection Server.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

Did you check under "registered desktop sources" in the configuration area of the admin UI? For physical machines, when you remove them from a pool they are not unregistered as with VMs - as registration would require an agent re-installation.

Note also that 5.2.0 does not support Windows 8.1, stick with 8.0 until we announce full support.

AdrianMora
Contributor
Contributor

I did check under "Registered Desktop Sources" and it is not there. Any other suggestions you may have?

0 Kudos
AdrianMora
Contributor
Contributor

, unfortunately when I check under  "Desktops" in Inventory and click remove the desktop.  The physical computer does not show up.

0 Kudos
AdrianMora
Contributor
Contributor

It was a support issue with Windows 8.1, now that VMware View Agent 5.1.3 is out, I was able to install it successfully.

0 Kudos