VMware Horizon Community
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thinprint & Autoconnect

Does anyone have an idea if it's possible to set specific setting on printers using autoconnect.  I can't seem to find a way.  The default setting are not cutting it and I need to have the printer set to specific settings.

I'm basically looking for adding in a separator page.

Any insight would most greatly be appreciated.  I promise I give points!!  :smileylaugh:

Thanks!

Larry B.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
six4rm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Our printers are remote, they sit on the branch LAN but installed and shared on a server on the VDI LAN. Admittedly we have in the past noticed issues with graphic intensive print jobs taking a few minutes to print, but we've just educated our users and they're generally happy with it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
six4rm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Larry B!

I had the same issue with ThinPrint and AutoConnect. We set B&W by default to save some pennies on colour toner cartridges, ThinPrint set everything to colour. Are you using the GPO supplied by View? I ended up using the GPO to map shared network printers based on client IP address. That way the printers can be managed centrally and all the relevant settings can be applied at the share level.

Check this thread of mine - http://communities.vmware.com/message/1853903

Give me a shout if you need any further information, I'm happy to help. Smiley Happy

LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, I'm using GPO with the View supplied Autoconnect.  

Are your printers local to the VDI LAN or remote.  In my case the printers in a branch office that does not have a server in place.  They have the printers and small dlink print server that give them a ip address.

I'm thinking about bandwidth requirements for printing.

Larry B.

0 Kudos
six4rm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Our printers are remote, they sit on the branch LAN but installed and shared on a server on the VDI LAN. Admittedly we have in the past noticed issues with graphic intensive print jobs taking a few minutes to print, but we've just educated our users and they're generally happy with it.

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Perfect.  I really appreciate the help.  I will pretty much have to follow in your same footsteps here as there isn't really any granularity when setting up the printer using only thinprint.

VMWare should add a bit more functionality to thinprint, or at least have Cortado add it in.   I don't think it's too much to ask.   I'm sure we're not the only ones whom have come across this issue.

Oh yeah, a bit deeper in the documentation would not hurt either.

Larry B.

0 Kudos