VMware Horizon Community
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thinapps won't deploy to desktop pool

Hello:
We are deploying a new environment for Horizon View 6.1.1.  Everything seems to be working well, except for our Thinapps.  We have our first desktop pool set up (persistent and dedicated).  If I assign any of our Thinapps to the pool for full installation, they do not install. I've tried logging out and logging in to make sure, and nothing.  I have looked in the logs and don't see any errors that might indicate why they are not installing.   However, if I assign the Thinapps to a machine or group of machines, they install just fine.  I've seen other posts on this issue but no solutions.  Any ideas of what could cause this, or what I can check?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

After much troubleshooting, we've seemed to resolve this issue by re-installing the View Agent on the parent VM and recomposing the pool.  Now, everything seems to be working correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sm4rtins
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello friend, have you maked the "generate msi package" option when capturing the app ?

Click for larger image

Regards.

0 Kudos
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello and thank you for the reply. Yes, we are generating MSI packages for all of our Thinapps.

We have again looked at this issue, and the issue happens with all of our Thinapps.  None of them will install if we assign to the desktop pool.  But each one does work when we assign to individual machines.

Please help as we are at a standstill on our deployment until this is resolved.  Thank you for your help!!

0 Kudos
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

After much troubleshooting, we've seemed to resolve this issue by re-installing the View Agent on the parent VM and recomposing the pool.  Now, everything seems to be working correctly.

0 Kudos