VMware Horizon Community
Richardkovics
Contributor
Contributor

Thinapp on vmware Horizon 7.11

Hi,

Just recently upgraded our view environment from 7.0.3 to 7.11.

Unless I am missing something, Is the ThinApp interface missing in the Horizon 7 HTML5 Admin Console? I can not seem to find it anywhere.

I can still find it in FLEX though.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I checked it in Horizon 7.10 HTML Admin console and under Inventory>>Applications, I am seeing only the options for App Volumes and no Thinapps. VMware documentation says, below are the supported features and do not see any option for Thinapp. You can raise an SR with VMware Support to confirm.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
HWKHalle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

we have the same problem with 7.13, the manual say thinapp is  usable but we don't see any function in HTML5 admin

0 Kudos
vasquezu
Contributor
Contributor

Same here for us... Just got off the phone with a vmware support rep and he also didnt know why it was not there. We are running 7.11 (recent upgrade from 7.8) so doesn't sounds very reassuring that its still missing in 7.13...

0 Kudos
CaptArcher80
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be missing from the HTML5 browser console, however it's still located in the older flash browser console, at least for the 7.10.2 version.  Access your older flash based console at https://<connectionserverurl>/admin, and it's located under the Catalog -> ThinApps.  And View Configuration -> ThinApp Configuration to add repositories, etc.  Even after adding the new ThinApp repository, it still doesn't appear for me in the HTML5 client.  It seems the only way to manage ThinApps, at least on 7.10.2, is from the older flash based Horizon Administrator console.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
bellopao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same problem, and as I can see also in version 7.12 and version 7.13

Because time for using Flash is gone 31 December 2020

What is the workaround?

Can we have a way to manage thinapp it in the Horizon View Admin HTML5 version?

0 Kudos