VMware Horizon Community
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thinapp and browsers (Chrome and Firefox), lots of issues

Hello:

Are there some guidelines or best practices for capturing Chrome and Firefox?  The reason I am asking is that we are having a bunch of issues with each.  In more detail:

Chrome: We thinapped the latest version of Chrome, without any additional plugins, with and without the --no-sandbox option per the KB article here:

VMware KB: Google Chrome fails when capturing Google Chrome with VMware ThinApp

This one worked fine for several days then all of a sudden it stopped one day.  It crashes, then upon re-launching it will consume 100% cpu and its window never opens even though the process is running.  If I clear the Thinapp sandbox folder for Chrome, it will open up fine for the first time, but when opening a second time the same issue comes back.

Firefox: We thinapped the latest version of Firefox, along with the latest Java 1.8.x, latest Flash, and VMware client integration plugin.  It worked fine for about a week then all of a sudden one day it no longer launches (and we haven't changed anything) with the error: Fatal Application Exit, Unable to Open.

I've been looking around and the information is fragmented.  I've seen posts with similar issues in the past but supposedly they were resolved with later versions of the Thinapp setup capture program which we are using the very latest and greatest version (5.1.1).  Any help would be appreciated, if there have been known working solutions or combinations of versions that work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Szilagyic,

I am not a thinapp Expert there is a separate group for the same. Lakshman‌ may be you can have a look.

Do not want to mislead you about your question and propose a new product altogether but there are couple of other solutions if you would like VMware User Environment Manager &App Volumes ( if you are not looking for isolation of Applications ) here is something you can check http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-workspace-application-delivery-options...

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks for the reply.  I will try the questions in the Thinapp section, thank you.

0 Kudos
chengs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I am not 100% sure, but it might be related to Scanner/Serial Redirection. Have you tried installing View agent without Scanner Redirection and Serial Redirection, then see if your issues are still reproducible?

0 Kudos