VMware Horizon Community
leiw324
Contributor
Contributor

ThinApp Capture Setup for Windows XP

Hello,

Can I use ThinApp Capture Setup in Windows 2008 R2 64bit  to  capture software for Windows XP ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Are you referring to running the thinapped application or  the process of capturing the application?     here is a KB with the best practices for capturing applications, http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1030290.   

0 Kudos
leiw324
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I mean the process of capturing the application, because I can't see the application in Windows XP that captured in Windows 2008.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Could you explain the problem in more detail?

When you say "see" the application what do you mean?

Was the capture and build of the application successful?

How did you deploy the captured application to the Windows XP desktop?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
leiw324
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I just tried install ThinApps Capture Setup on Windows XP SP3 and then captured  7-Zip application, the 7-Zip application installed in default Program Files path. After assigned this ThinApps to Desktop Pool that can't show on the virtual desktop.

I have step by step to take screenshots for ThinApps installation and setup, please see attached images.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

So the ThinApp package works but you have problems deploying them to desktops with View?

Are there any errors in the logs?

Can the computer account access the share ok?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
leiw324
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Linjo,

1. So the ThinApp package works but you have problems deploying them to desktops with View?

Yes,  the target vritaul desktop also is Windows XP SP3, what happened ?

2. Are there any errors in the logs?

Where to find?

3. Can the computer account access the share ok?

Yes, the share is from Windows XP SP3 with Workgroup full control.

Thanks

0 Kudos
leiw324
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Linjo,

After I check the below VMware guideline, the problem was the share drive and VIrtual Desktop not in Domain environment, so all permission were wrong.

http://pubs.vmware.com/view-50/index.jsp?topic=/com.vmware.view.administration.doc/GUID-BD84A763-EA5...

Now this problem fixed !

Thanks

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Great news! Please award points and mark the question answered so others with similar problems can find it in the future.

// Linjo