VMware Horizon Community
msmeltzer
Contributor
Contributor

Thin Client install How-To

I am looking for a little quidance if someone has already setup ThinStation or any other thin client to work with VMView? I only have the vmware client running on existing XP machines but would like to get rid of XP alltogether and have linux or someon kind of think client boot up to access my VDI pools.

Thanks a lot.

Matt

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mikeforbes
Contributor
Contributor

Well Matt,

If memory serves, there is no client for Linux, but you could use the web portal access as long as your not trying to use CAC integreation as the web portal is not supported for that integration. I have done thin-client installs, but the thin client is already running XP on it.

Good luck,

0 Kudos
tfapps
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Matt, I just purchased the HP t5135 w/ Thinconnect (Linux) OS. It comes with a version of the VMWare View Client. Here is the admin guide. Hopes this helps.

Tony

0 Kudos
msmeltzer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to both of you for replying. I currently have XP installed on workstations, and have VM Client on them to allow users to connect to the VDI pool, I was wondering if there was ThinStation type software that would allow us to do this kind of thing, load software on bare bones box that has the vmware client on there, but I am guessing no such luck.

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
aususer
Contributor
Contributor

just saw this off a google search.

Aperently it is the vmware view client on linux... you should be able to package that as the replacement to RDesktop on xorg (ahla PXES, 2X, Wyse 1200LE) and connect up..

enjoy.

0 Kudos