VMware Horizon Community
lookandfeel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There was an unexpected RDP disconnection. Microsoft RDP error code = 1028

Hi,

I have an environment with VMware View 3.1 and a parent vm with XP Prof. (actual SP, Updates and so on).

Very often when I am connected to the a virtual desktop with my view client, this session is interrupted and I got an error message:

" There was an unexpected RDP disconnection. Microsoft RDP error code = 1028". When I make a real rdp session without the view client I haven't this problem.

What can I make to clear this error?

Regards,

Andre

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That issue is a known bug and the fix has been included in the latest release. See this KB article for more information,

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That issue is a known bug and the fix has been included in the latest release. See this KB article for more information,

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
gary1012
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you using RDP 6? There are some tips in the release notes that might be helpful.

Community Supported, Community Rewarded - Please consider marking questions answered and awarding points to the correct post. It helps us all.
0 Kudos
lookandfeel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, you're right.

I've updated the environment to Version 3.1.1 - now the problem disappeared.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Glad you got the problem resolved.

0 Kudos