VMware Horizon Community
gneville1985
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The pending session on machine xxxx for user xxxx has expired

We are noticing this error a lot The pending session on machine xxxxxxx for user xxxx has expired .

When we did some search few blogs point to DNS issue.

I would like to know the cause of this warning.

Please Advice

Regards

Tags (1)
20 Replies
TekNinja
Contributor
Contributor

We are also seeing this with just a couple of physical desktops out of several hundred machines.  What is peculiar about this issue is that the issue starts right after our weekly scheduled reboots.  We've checked DNS and the machine IP/hostname match so no issue there.  we restart the RDP services and same for the Horizon services to see if it will fix the issue but it does not help.  The horizon view agent on the target machine (v2203) matches that of the Horizon View Client used by the host machine and we are on Horizon View 7.7 connection servers and UAG so they are all matched and it makes sense since 95%-97% of users connect with no issues.  it is only a couple of computers and they are basically the same type/build/config as the others.  I've tried unassigning the machine to the user and assigning it to myself or another user and I can reproduce the issue so its not user account related. 

The peculiar work around we have is to move the machine to another area of the office and bring it online and the user can then connect to it.  I then power off the machine and move it back to the original location (same vlan as where it fixes the issue) and the user is good until the next weekend reboot.  We've also just powercycled it to see if the powering off is what fixes the issue but it does not.  

Very perplexing issue

0 Kudos