VMware Horizon Community
SaschaDrache
Contributor
Contributor

The pending session on machine rds-srv-15 for user AD\xxx has expired

Hey Guys,

we have a Horizon View 7.12 Environment with 2 Connection Server (one external and one internal), one security server and four RDS-Server. All Servers are based on Windows Server 2019. On the external connection server is installed a nps with azure nps extension for 2FA. The most people can login, but sometimes a user can't login and i see in the events the message "The pending session on machine rds-srv-15 for user AD\kxxx has expired".

I hope anyone have a idea.

Thanks and regards,

Sascha

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi SaschaDrache

This is a generic error. Please check if you have added antivirus exclusions correctly for horizon components. Make sure real time scan is not enabled on VDI.

Other than that this may happen due to other components as well in the environment like load balancer etc. You need to first isolate the problem whether it is reproducible internally as well Or happens only when you connect from outside.

Confirm userinit string is correct as per https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1028975

Apply https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2090924 on connection server and monitor.

SaschaDrache

ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've also began running into this issue, and my guess is that due to the remote connectivity something about the UAG maintaining an affinity for that client. I've opened a ticket on this but nothing has changed yet, right now we're confirming our Load Balancers have the correct setup, but they're F5's and do a good job of supporting the UAG.

0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @SaschaDrache, did you find a solution to this issue? We are on 7.12 and are having this issue intermittently. 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
vmmaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bringing up an old thread to see if there has been any fix. We randomly see this issue and it's starting to get more prominent. It is no longer acceptable nor should it ever be for our users to not be able to login because of a VMWare bug  that looks like it hasn't been resolved in years and years (yes i'm a little peeved right now lol)