VMware Horizon Community
ProDenis
Contributor
Contributor

The computer is blocked when working in VDI via Horizon client

Hello everyone, I ran into such a problem, when working on VDI through horizon client, the computer is blocked, the organization has a security policy for blocking computer screens after 5 minutes of no activity.
Example: there is a meeting in MS Teams to which I am connected in VDI, I do not touch the computer, mouse, keyboard, a meeting is in full swing in MS Teams, and my computer is blocked because 5 minutes have passed, it is impossible to disable the lock on computers by the requirements of the security service, tell me, maybe someone solved a similar task

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Easiest fix will be to install any app for moving the mouse button at short intervals, I guess there are free apps which does that. But looking at the stringent security, I don't think your IT will allow to install anything.

If you are allowed to use VMware Horizon Client on the PC, the IT should disable this setting. 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
ProDenis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, what do you mean "IIf you are allowed to use VMware Horizon Client on the PC, the IT should disable this setting", which setting should I disable?

0 Kudos