VMware Horizon Community
Galder56
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The application is missing on all RDS hosts

Created a cloned composer farm.  Server 2016.  Added 3 applications on Pool.  Showing as red exclamation with Unavailable.  More information shows as : The application is missing on all RDS hosts.

2 are Meditech and 1 is a url to an web based application.  Log onto client and icons show as generic and applications do open.   Is there a work around for these types of Manual add-ons without displaying as an error?

file extensions:

.mtad

web app .url

Thanks for any solutions.

Message was edited by: GAYLA ALDERETTE

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Galder56
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi AishR,

Thanks for advice.

I fixed the .mtad application by researching and finding the correct .exe then setting the .mtad as the parameter since it is a background controller service (calling out and setting up app).

The URL as IE helped.  I created a manual App Pool pointing to IE and then set the .url as the parameter.  Worked, did not have to set as home page which is a plus.

Appreciate your help. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. Are you trying to publish .tad application and web app url on application.

2. If its just a URL then publish IE and set the url as default home page so that customer can open it as soon as he clicks on IE

3. Check if the applications are working if directly connected to the RDSH host

Galder56
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi AishR,

Thanks for advice.

I fixed the .mtad application by researching and finding the correct .exe then setting the .mtad as the parameter since it is a background controller service (calling out and setting up app).

The URL as IE helped.  I created a manual App Pool pointing to IE and then set the .url as the parameter.  Worked, did not have to set as home page which is a plus.

Appreciate your help.