VMware Horizon Community
Skidlz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The View Connection server connection failed - and that's it.

Hello all,

I'm using a Windows 10 box with Horizon View Client 5.4.1. Our logins are smart card enabled. When I launch Horizon View, I enter the connection server and hit connect. I'm prompted to choose a certificate; I pick the correct one, enter my PIN, and then get an error message saying "The View Connection server connection failed." And that's the entire message. When I choose the wrong certificate, I get "The View Connection server connection failed. No user could be found for your certificate." Which tells me it's reaching the server, but without any more info I can't find the problem.

I've logged into Horizon View with other machines and I can use my smart card with other sites on this computer. Are there ports I should open for Horizon View? What else can I try?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Skidlz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I started poking around outside of Horizon View and found the problem, I'll leave it here in case anyone else has this problem. I had to go into Internet Options->Content->Certificates->select certificate->Advanced and enable Client Authentication.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Skidlz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I started poking around outside of Horizon View and found the problem, I'll leave it here in case anyone else has this problem. I had to go into Internet Options->Content->Certificates->select certificate->Advanced and enable Client Authentication.