VMware Horizon Community
ibitebcareful
Contributor
Contributor

The View Connection Server Authentication Failed. Unable to Logon As Current User.

Hi,

I receive the following error when I try and use the Single Sign On Option with VMware View Client 4. "The View Connection Server Authentication Failed. Unable to Logon As Current User." I can then manually type in the exact same username and password of the user and get connected just fine. The view client is running on a Windows XP Pro workstation connecting to a Windows 7 VM Pool. I have seen similar errors posted here but never quite this exact error.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
rogard
Expert
Expert

Check the membership of the windows XP machine you are connecting from and too.

Generally I would start by troubleshooting AD.

0 Kudos
ibitebcareful
Contributor
Contributor

Any chance you can be more specific? This is a small office of 50 users. Windows XP machine is connected to the domain. I am a domain admin and it doesn't work under my account either.

0 Kudos
SerajaTen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I've got the same problem. What's really weird, because when we updated to View 4 it worked very well.

Checked all services on the Connection Server, all running fine. Has anyone sugestions what could be wrong?

I will try to reboot the vc in the next days, if i can't fix it.

Greetings!

Bernhard

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

The current View 4.0 client requires the primary DNS suffix of the client machine to match the DNS name of the domain it's joined, can you check to see if they are the same?

0 Kudos
ibitebcareful
Contributor
Contributor

I double checked mine and the DNS suffix is the same as the domain I am

joined to.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

Please follow DCT: KB #1017939 to collect support information from the client and attach it to the thread, client logs should help explain while SSO to the broker is failing.

0 Kudos
WeaveMDA
Contributor
Contributor

if you havent figured this one out yet.

Make sure that the Client, VDI desktop and connection broker machines are all synced ith a proper time source. I have this problem a while back and had determiend that the Client wasnt on the same time source as the rest of the domain for some reason. once I corrected that it all worked fine.

0 Kudos