VMware Horizon Community
Srini19
Contributor
Contributor

The VMware view client connection server reached timeout

Hi,

I am using "Vmware view Client 1.6 version". I am able to connect in office networks. From my home, it is not working (I am using Airtel connection). I had checked in my friend's Airtel Internet connection and facing the same issue.  But it works in "Reliance Datacard" internet connection.  This problem comes only when I use the Airtel Datacard broadband internet connection.

When I contacted Airtel customer case they told me that, from their end they are not blocking any ports.  I am using Mac OS X

I have given below the error message

"Time out reached"

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have you attempted to ping or visit the View webpage?    If it works externally using a "Reliance Datacard" internet connection then all external connections should function without issue.   

0 Kudos
Srini19
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I pinged the webpage, its not pinging on Airtel Datacard internet.

Its working fine in Reliance Datacard internet connection.

Please advice, any ports are to be enabled ?

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Here is a KB that contains all the ports needed for a View environment.     When you say it doesn't ping does that mean it resolves but does not return pings or does it not resolve to the correct IP.    If it's the latter you will need to troubleshoot the DNS on the Airtel network. 

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1027217

0 Kudos
Srini19
Contributor
Contributor

when I do ping, below is an output getting

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Please advice where have to enable ports is in Mac or VMWare client?

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos
bjohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you are not getting ping responses while on Airtel, it would be a problem on airtel's side.

You can try using the IP address of the connection server to connect (or ping).

0 Kudos
VinithMenon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

same here, problem with airtel, was anyone able to get this issue resolved ?

0 Kudos
Sankarm
Contributor
Contributor

I have been encountering the same problem, not able to connect to VMware Horizon while using Airtel mobile data, Did you get any solution?

0 Kudos
Vishu1
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting same issue from last two days.

I am not able to login VM Ware horizon client when using Airtel network (mobile hotspot ). It's working with jio mobile network but not working with airtel.

Please help to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos