VMware Horizon Community
Cunliffe
Contributor
Contributor

The VMware Horizon Client service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system..........

Existing user of Horizon Client, but have bought a new Windows 10 laptop so need to install a copy of VMWare Horizon Client on it.

I've had no problems in the past, but on the new laptop the Install fails with :

2021-02-01T10:41:44.814Z| USBDeviceInstUtil-build-17308015| I0: --- VMStopUSBArbSvc(): Stopping USB arbitrator service
2021-02-01T10:41:44.814Z| USBDeviceInstUtil-build-17308015| I2: Inst_QueryServiceRunningStatus: Attempting to query service: VMUSBArbService
2021-02-01T10:41:44.814Z| USBDeviceInstUtil-build-17308015| E1: Inst_QueryServiceRunningStatus: Service could not be opened: ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
2021-02-01T10:41:44.814Z| USBDeviceInstUtil-build-17308015| I0: VMUSBArbService service not running

I've tried running as Admin and tried turning off A/V protection but no joy. Any ideas why this happens or how I might work around it?

The installation file is called 'VmWAre-Horizon-Client-2012-8.1.0-17349995.exe'

Thanks.

Further to the above the problem has moved on. I found a different error on the EventViewer and I found a threat that suggested problem might be with Vision C++. I therefore went through a 'repair' of this software and lo and behold the VMUSBARBService loaded successfully, but the install STILL FAILED; this time with a different error on the eventviewer; this time:

'The VMware Horizon Client service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly'.

Any suggestions anyone?

Further to this problem; I noticed my old laptop was running V5.2; the newest version which was failing was 8.1. I searched and found the downloadable for 5.2 and tried that and it was immediately successful, so I have it working under V5.2.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Cunliffe
Contributor
Contributor

I have finally resolved this issue.

After trying loads of fixes, it was in fact C++ at fault.

I uninstalled all my present C++ versions from my laptop. I DID NOT reinstall them.

I then ran the VMWARE install executable expecting it to fail. Instead it reinstalled C++ itself and the VMware install completed successfully.

I had previously tried upgrading C++ and 'repairing' it as well. Removing it altogether was the final fix!!

0 Kudos
gpr_admin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!!!!

Just had exact same issue and found your post!

worked like a charm

0 Kudos