VMware Horizon Community
KyleCompassion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The SAM database on the windows server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.

We've just recently moved to a new View 5.2 environment and we've started seeing this error appear in a couple of pools. It doesn't apply to all VM's in the pool, and we can't figure out what is causing the error. View doesn't report any issues during provisioning, nor afterwards. If we check the VM it appears to be joined to the domain. However, if i unjoin it, and rejoin it, i can log in fine after rebooting. Anyone know what might be causing this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello Kyle,

Apply this Microsoft hotfix on your parent virtual machine and recompose the pool

Microsoft Support

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Microsoft KB: 976494

0 Kudos
KyleCompassion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I got the hotfix, but when installing it says "This update is not applicable to your computer" and won't actually install. We're running Win7 x64 SP1 Enterprise if it matters.

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

May be you are already running SP1 and the hot fix is already applied. I am seeing this issue on Citrix VMs as well.

it appears that the Domain Suffix GPO was doing it's job, but the SPN wasn't being updated properly.

Found this from one of the MS blogs:

Try this out on your Domain Controller:

A) Start > Run > ADSIEDIT.MSC

B) Go to Domain Partition and mark the affected computer

C) Rightclick and Properties.

D) Doubleclick ServicePrincipalName

E) Add new value: HOST/yourcomputername.yourdomain.xyz or whatever HOST is missing.

0 Kudos
Tina07
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos