VMware Horizon Community
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The Desktop is Not Currently Available

We see this error rather intermittently in our environment. I wouldn't even say we see it often. When it happens, as far as we know, there are no environmental issues going on. Typically we'll see the user having the issue is actually already on a session, listed as connected in the View Admin console. What we'll then do is reset that VM, then have them authenticate again, and it seems to work. But it's kind of annoying for the user to open a ticket for such an issue. Is it something perhaps to do with the end user's connection (weak wireless signal maybe wherever they are)? Or is it something perhaps with our Horizon config we should check for. Would love to know what the root cause is that gets them to that state.

We are using today Horizon 6.2.0. Our Windows users are instructed to get whatever the latest version of the client is available.

Thanks.

snip_20171204114126.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Some other info: when we find the session in View Admin the user is on, the protocol says Console instead of PCoIP. We found this KB which sounds spot on, but, the versioning obviously is off, and I can't repeat it. I'm wondering if this site deployed a specific version of the Horizon client, and perhaps it had this bug. Gonna dig further into that.

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
Vsuhail
Contributor
Contributor

Hii,

Desktop is not available means you can see Agent is Unavailable.

we have to restart the RDS .

Regards

Suhail Shaikh

0 Kudos
jzumwalt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

did you ever get a resolution to this? I am having the same issue

0 Kudos