VMware Horizon Community
sunilpasupuleti
Contributor
Contributor

The Connection to the remote computer timed out- VM ware view 4.6

Hello,

I'm using VM Ware View 4.6 to access remote desktop. The problem I'm going through is after giving the logon details and then clicking the connect button, it seems like that there is a second window opening and after few minutes it give me the erroe message "The Connection to the remote computer timed out"(See attached).

I'm using windows vista and I followed the same installation process in my friends laptop which uses window 7 where it works fine, moreoever these two laptops share the same internet connection. I'm not sure what settings i need to change in my laptop to get going. I tried going through different forums but I could'nt figure out the reason. Any lead will be highly appreciated. Thank You very much

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vSolid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You may need to reconfigure your VM OS , mean you need to go with optimization process,

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMware-View-OptimizationGuideWindows7-EN.pdf

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
vLarus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The most likely cause:

On the VM you are trying to connect to make sure you install VMware tools first, and then the View Agent.

Otherwise the connection will be lost everytime you try to log on.

Other than that we will need to know a lot more about the infrastructure to help you out.

Type of pool you are connecting to.

Connection server on the same network? Firewalls between?

Display protocol being used, PCoIP or RDP.

Can your friend connect to the same VM with his computer (with the same protocol)?

vmice.net
0 Kudos
sakibpavel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is a nice kb that's may help you..

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1006734

sakibpavel   
0 Kudos
sunilpasupuleti
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information.

I installed the VMware view portal 4.5- View client and I'm not sure of any VMware tools. The dispaly protocol I use is Microsoft RDP.

I installed the same VMware view potal 4.5- View client in my friends laptop with the same display protcol Microsoft RDP. Where it connects to the client server but in my laptop it seems like connecting and after couple of mins it says "The connection to the remote computer timed out".

Please advice. Thank You

0 Kudos
shujaabbas
Contributor
Contributor

Try to check for port 443 required to open at firewall for communication.

0 Kudos